Monday, January 4, 2016

Supernatural Uterus

Four days after the transfer I started taking at home pregnancy tests.  My IPs were well aware that I would be testing at home against the advise of our agency.  Late in the afternoon 5dpt (days post transfer) I got a faint enough line to confidently say it was positive.  I knew my IPs were with IP-A's side of the family, so I sent them a photo and a text to congratulate them.  I thought it would be fun for them to share the news with their family in person.  I continued to test multiple times a day to watch the line get darker! 

POSITIVE
I had my beta blood test to confirm the pregnancy on December 14th.  The number should be above 100 (I think).  It seemed to take forever to get a call from the agency with our number.  I started getting worried that the beta was going to be 1,000,000 and I was going to be the next octosurrogate.  Spencer's beta was in the 600's, so I was hopeful that we would get a solid 500-700 number.  Kim, our contact, called and said we had a positive beta and the number was 1,525!  I was taken off guard and repeated the number back.  I was terrified the embryo had split!  Liz, IP-B's sister who's the midwife, calmed my nerves when she told us she's seen HUGE beta numbers that were singletons.  I did everything in my power to make sure that I would only have a singleton pregnancy and definitely didn't want to carry multiples.  I was really thankful it was a positive beta though!  I just believed she was right and it was only a singleton.   
Beta Blood Draw

My IPs wanted to wait to share their news until Christmas Eve with a picture of Spencer announcing that he's going to be a big brother.  It was really hard to keep their news quiet when it is happening in my body, but we've got such a respectful relationship that I had to let them announce their news when they were ready.  It was hard to wait! 
Look Who is Going to be a BIG BROTHER

No comments:

Post a Comment