Friday, January 22, 2021

We Have a Tentaive Date

I have the strangest story to share about how I ended up getting scheduled for my covid vaccine that I'll share in another post.  I'm SO GRATEFUL that had my first one done on on January 21st.  I truly believed in the depth of my soul it would happen before the transfer.  And it did!

After the painless injection, I was instructed to wait for fifteen minutes after the vaccine to make sure I didn't have any kind of reaction and then I was free to leave.  About five minutes into my wait I received a call from Jill, our nurse coordinator at CRM.  All of my labs came back normal and we are ready to proceed!  I believe my response was, "Jill, I didn't know the day could get any better!  I'm literally sitting here waiting after getting my covid vaccine and now you're telling me we're ready to schedule the transfer!"  I was elated!  Jill shared with me that she had just gotten back from receiving her first covid vaccine, too!

Jill was aware of my days off of work and double checked with me that the monitoring appointments and transfer would work in my schedule.  Starting February 9th I'll begin prepping my body, and we have a tentative date of March 11th (my favorite brother-in-law's birthday) for the transfer!!!  This means, if all goes as planned, we could have a baby in T and J's arms around Thanksgiving!  Although, I always seem to go late.  So, by early December they should be Daddies!

 Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better - it did!  As I was gathering my things to leave after waiting my fifteen minutes, I saw my cousin's husband sitting down to get his vaccine.  I was fairly confident that it was Brian but I asked him to make sure.  He told me that my cousin, Amanda, was out in the hall waiting for her turn, too.  We did an air hug and then she was called back.  We snapped a selfie quickly before she went back.  It made me so happy!!!  It also makes me miss living close to all of my relatives.  I love just randomly bumping into them.  Hugs are coming to all of you soon!  I can't wait!!

So far I only have one odd reaction to the vaccine other than the typical sore arm.  I ate an apple with peanut butter on it and the peanut butter tasted so salty that I had to spit it out.  I had the kids try the apple and peanut butter combo to see if they though it tasted weird but it tasted normal to them.  It did bring back some feelings from when I had the tainted progesterone suppositories and became sensitive to sweets when I was pregnant with Spencer.  Hopefully this won't last nine months!   



No comments:

Post a Comment