Friday, January 17, 2014

30 Weeks

30 Weeks
Ten weeks to go and counting...

This week has been very interesting in terms of pregnancy and life in general.  Ben and our kids are in The Wizard of Oz play.  We've had 10 plays in the last 6 days and I've been working the spotlight for each performance.  We're all ready for this weekend to be over so life calm down and we can get back into our regular schedule. 

My  pregnancy week started off with a crazy nightmare Sunday night. 
Three things you need to know before I go into my nightmare...
1. We know this little 8 year old girl who doesn't quite understand the concept of surrogacy, and continuously asks us if we're going to take the baby home with us for a little while and why are we giving him up for adoption.  I'm not in a position where I can explain things to her like I can our kids, so poor thing doesn't grasp the concept that he's not our baby even though I tell her that he's not ours.  2. My BFF (AKA my sister) is due with her baby today and they haven't given us a clue on her name yet.  I hope it's good so I don't have to fake that I like it even though she'll be able to read trough a fake smile.  I'm sure it'll be good because we always like the same names. 
3. I actually like the name Sam.  
The Nightmare 
Most expectant mothers dream about bringing their new baby home and all joy that goes with being a new mom.  Being a surrogate, dreams about bringing a baby home are actually considered a nightmare!  It was written in our contract that I had to take the baby home for five weeks before he went home with his parents.  They named him Samuel and I hated the name!!  I was forced to take this baby home that I didn't want with a name that I couldn't stand and take care of him for five weeks.  His parents came to visit when he was two weeks old and then planned on bringing him home three weeks later.  I didn't take care of him and forgot to change his diaper and feed him.  I was so happy when I woke up and realized that it was only a nightmare.  I sent my IPs a message and they confirmed that they want to take him home right away and that they don't plan on naming him Samuel.  I'm not sure if this is something that other surrogates have experienced, but I'll have to ask the ladies in my support group and see if anyone else has had similar nightmares. 

Two days ago I came to the point that I new would eventually creep up on me, I was ready to be done!  I couldn't get his little foot out of my rib and it seriously feels bruised.  My back was in so much pain because I keep arching it to see if I could move his little foot out of my rib.  The pain was so bad that it kept me up most of the night and I got a horrific headache.  I don't think pain could actually describe how miserable I felt, I just wanted him out right then an there!!  I was still uncomfortable yesterday, so I kept my hand under my rib and battled with his foot most of the day.  Last night the pain went away and I'm back to my normal happy pregnant self.  I know that in just a few weeks I'm going to be really ready for him to go home!

I hope our sub-below temps pick up a little bit.  We're planning on taking our third "Blow Up the Belly" photo today before our OB appointment.  I'm going to have to head there a little early with a shovel and clean up our photo site before my IPs get there.  After our appointment they're going to watch our family in the show tonight.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with them for a while.  I can't wait for them to feel the difference in the movement of the baby.  I'm actually able to feel body parts move now instead of just kicks.  Hopefully he cooperates so his parents can experience the excitement that I get to feel every day! 

I realize that I might not look as huge as I feel and people keep commenting on this topic, but I am feeling like a beached whale.  I get out of breath walking up stairs and struggle to put on my shoes.  I constantly think that I would be a really bad fat person because it seems like a struggle to do a lot of things.  It'll be interesting to see how my body bounces back in shape after this pregnancy.  We had our kids in our early 20's, so I'll be interested to see how my 30 year old body does after the pregnancy.  I signed up for a 1/2 marathon to do with my sister in May.   I hope having that motivation with keep me up and moving these last ten weeks!      

I realized I forgot to give you our feedback on the "Baby Mama" movie.  We didn't think we'd watched it before, but 3/4 through the movie we both realized that we had already seen it.  I'm not impressed with the movie much.  I think it gives a horrible example of surrogacy and it's virtually impossible to get pregnant with your own child like the movie shows.  First, the contract states at what points you are to remain abstinent before and after the transfer.  Second, there is an ultrasound done prior to the transfer to look at the lining and to make sure that the surrogate isn't ovulating.  It's a funny movie but portrays surrogacy kind of bad.  Surrogacy is not at all like the movies and each state has different laws!           

No comments:

Post a Comment