Friday, July 26, 2013


I was told right before the transfer that Dr. Virro is the only fertility doc that uses an hCG injection, so I have to do one injection every third day for the next seven-ish weeks.  Not terrible, but injections aren't fun and neither are taking drugs.  hCG is a natural hormone that a pregnant woman has in her body.  It's fine but not enjoyable.  I was told to start tonight.

I only had one craving up until today...Hot Dogs!  Who wakes up and wants to grill a freaking hot dog for breakfast?  ME!  I think I could eat a hot dog for three meals a day and all my snacks.  No worries, I'm only eating the nitrate free ones and I have only given into that craving a few times.  Today was a day sent from heaven, I needed to eat ice cream!  I'm not sure if this is a craving or I'm actually feeling back to my normal self after NOT being hungry since starting the progesterone.  I'm just thrilled that I wanted ice cream!  I told myself that I must go for a run in order to eat the ice cream, and so the running saga began...

It took me two attempts to get my three mile run in today, so I actually ended up running a total of four miles.  Just a little over a half a mile into the first run, George's pedal on his bike fell off.  I'm not sure how it fell off but I couldn't put it back on without using a wrench.  Lydia and Jack were biking along with us so we all turned back.  I ended up running with George while pushing the bike.  We made it home and it was an easy fix.  I had promised the kids I'd feed them lunch when we got home, so I ended up making lunch and having my scheduled power nap. 

The second attempt, after nap time, was successful, however George complained two of the three miles!  I told him that he could have a Lara Bar treat when he got home if he didn't stop or complain the last mile...success!  When we got home there was a package waiting for me...

Seriously, this is what I get when I return home from a run?


AHHHHH!  More Meds.
Photo taken by: The Amazing Lydia

My second large box of meds arrived and I needed to start the hCG tonight.  It took a little while to figure out how to mix the meds and I learned a good lesson.  I have to mix a sterile water with the freeze dried powder.  Now that I've done it once, I think I should be fine when I have to mix it again.  I used the same needle to try to inject myself after mixing the med. Note to self...that needle is dull and won't poke through the skin even if you try four different sites.  Changing the needle made a world of difference!  First hCG injection=DONE
I just finished that bowl of ice cream that I'd been thinking about all day long.  I mixed a dark chocolate with black cherry and it was delicious!  I'm pretty sure it will be calling my name when I wake up tomorrow.
2 1/2 weeks until the ultrasound.  I can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment