Thursday, July 11, 2013

That's a Wrap

Yesterday at 10:30am marked my 24 hours of bed rest.  I'm not sure I could have been more excited to get up and take a shower.  Ben, my IP's, and I decided that we'd just meet up for brunch instead of heading out early for breakfast, which was a really bad move.  I'm taking progesterone suppositories to make my body think it's pregnant, and one of the side effects is nausea.  I totally thought I was going to vomit before leaving to get food.  I think being hungry plus progesterone made me feel pretty sick.  I had a moment where I felt like my sister when she was pregnant with her first baby, I wanted to eat but NOTHING sounded good.  Finally, I thought toast sounded like it would settle my stomach.  That might sound easy to the normal person, but when you are in search of Gluten Free toast in another country it's not so.  We wondered over to the grocery store and found some GF bread and I ate a piece and felt much better.  I'll never skip out on breakfast again! 

Our last night here was AMAZING!  We started at a nice steakhouse and finished up by going to The Wizard of Oz production at a local Theatre.  It may have been one of the best shows I have ever seen.  The music, singing, acting, and set was all top notch.  My IP's are going to watch Wicked in October, so it was extra fun for them to see The Wizard of Oz before going to see Wicked.  I love that we all have the same interests and get a long so well.  Plus, as an extra, I found my birthing socks at the play.  I thought it would only be fitting to wear some ruby red slippers while giving birth to this amazing couple's baby!

My body doesn't feel much different.  I'm a little crampy but it's not too bad at all, my breasts are a tiny bit tender, and my sense of smell is definitely heightened, ok maybe I do feel different.  IP-A sent me a cool list of things that should be happening in the next several days with the embryos.  My pregnancy test is scheduled for July 22nd at 9:30.

3-Day Transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
TwoThe cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
ThreeThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
FourThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
FiveThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
SixImplantation continues
SevenImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
EightHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
NineFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
TenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
ElevenLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

We're finally heading home today!  I'm so excited to get my arms around my little Babes.  I miss them terribly, and I'm sooooooooo thankful for the people who have helped us out!  It makes it a nice way to be a part of this whole experience.  I couldn't have done it without your help!  I got a phone call from Lydia on Tuesday and she said she had been crying the night before because she missed me.  That's so sweet and sad all at the same time.  The kids are really excited to know that the embryos are finally in Mommy's tummy.  We have been waiting and preparing for this for a long time.  It's been almost a full year of constant ups and downs.  Hopefully it's all up hill from here.  Homeward bound :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment